A wireless router has become the heart of modern day device wireless connectivity and most importantly in the high demand multi-computer gaming world. Sadly, not all routers in the market can be used in multiple computer gaming and one has to take into consideration various factors including the speed, security and wireless signal standard when selecting a suitable router. Speed is necessary to enable quick connectivity without any lag, with speeds of about 300mbs and above is being desirable. Other factors that need to be considered are the range and the ability to connect to other devices such as printers via USB cable. The number of antennas on a router gives good indication of its signal strength and range. With dozens of suitable routers available in the market, picking the right one for your need can be a doubting task. Here is a list of top ten wireless routers that you can choose from for multi-player computer games.
- High speed of 3.2 Gbps
- 1dual core GHz processor speed with three co-processors integrated
- Tri-band Wi-Fi advanced technology
- Wide coverage with six antennas
- Reasonably priced
- Non self-supporting vertical design
- Short range for all the bands available
• 802.11 ac chipset (5th Generation) with concurrent dual-band.
• Advanced VPN functions supported.
• Total of three antennas (removable) offer excellent signal a good range.
• Dual-and Connectivity
• Build quality is poor
• Not very reliable
• Sluggish with maximum speed of 1.75 Gbps
• Good range with four beam-forming antennas and excellent signal strength.
• 1.7 Ghz Dual core Processor.
• Total speeds of up to 2.5 Gbps.
• Fair price for what you get
• Hard to understand software interface
• Unique slick design.
• Six antennas giving excellent signal strength at long range.
• Tri-band connection to allow many active devices.
• Very long range.
• Reasonably priced.
• The features are complicated, making it difficult to use.
• VPN features can be found on cheaper models.
• Minimalist design, simple to set up.
• 3.15 Gbps is much faster than other models.
• MU-MIMO capability.
• Four dual band antennas offer great connectivity
• More expensive than competitors
• Good data rates.
• Beautiful design.
• Flexible network management
• Comes with a USB 3.0 port
• Large in size.
• Six antennas, enabling a wide range of strong signal.
• Comes with two USB ports.
• Simultaneous dual band high speed Wi-Fi.
• Parental control to block some websites.
• Guest networking setup.
• No wall mountings.
• No USB 3.0 connectors
• Easy installation and setup with Setup assistant.
• Antennas set up for good coverage.
• Comes with USB port.
• Quick security setup with a single button.
• Gigabit LAN ports.
• Does not have dual band.
• Does not have guest network.
• Gigabit Ethernet WAN.
• Single button Wi-Fi activation.
• Comes with two SB ports.
• Fast dual band internet of up to 450 Mbps
• Lacks USB 3.0 ports.
• More expensive than competition.
• High MU-MIMO wireless speed.
• Good traffic analysis software.
• Four antennas ensure a strong signal and long range.
• Easy to install.
• Unique slick design.
• Poor MU-IMO performance.